[CMake] CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(UuidCreate HAVE_UUIDCREATE)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:10:00 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>

> > -> that's exactly what is driving me nuts, CheckFunctionExists.c is a
> > 5 line c code, it forward declare the function but does not include
> > *anything*.
> >
>  That is what concerns me, it does not include anything.  It maybe required
> to include something to find the symbol...
>

> > And I can confirm that compilation by hand works:
> >
> >  /usr/local/bin/gcc.exe  -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=UuidCreate   -o foo.o
> >  -c /usr/share/cmake-2.4.8/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c

>  Use debug-trycompile.
>
>  Then cd into the directory and run make, what is different than what works?

no :(

If that help here is the nm dump of rpcrt4:

$ nm /lib/w32api/librpcrt4.a | grep UuidCre
00000000 T _UuidCreateSequential at 4
00000000 I __imp__UuidCreateSequential at 4
00000000 T _UuidCreateNil at 4
00000000 I __imp__UuidCreateNil at 4
00000000 T _UuidCreate at 4
00000000 I __imp__UuidCreate at 4
00000000 T _I_UuidCreate at 4
00000000 I __imp__I_UuidCreate at 4

So it's definitely there.

And grep in /usr/include/w32api, I get:

rpcdce.h:RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY UuidCreate(UUID*);
rpcdce.h:RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY UuidCreateNil(UUID*);
rpcdce.h:RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY UuidCreateSequential(UUID*);
rpcdce2.h:RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY UuidCreateNil(UUID*);
rpcdcep.h:long __stdcall I_UuidCreate(GUID*);

Mathieu