[CMake] Cmake subproject...

Michael Andronov michael_andronov at sd-kyber.com
Fri May 2 21:51:02 EDT 2008

Let me explain briefly my question:

I'm trying to create the set of CMakeLists.txt files, which will reproduce
the VC++ solution/project(s) with the following topology:
 foo/
     libproject
     samples/
                  sample1
                  sample2
The goal is to group samples1&2 which are using the result of libproject in
separate subproject solutions.
what I tried was:
 1. created a corresponding file structure:
   foo\
         libproject\
         samples\
                      sample1\
                      sample2\
   2. Each subdirectory has its own CMakeLists.txt file.
   3. CMakeLists.txt file within foo has add_subdiretory(libproject);
add_subdirectory(samples);
       CMakeLists.txt file within samples has add_subdirectory(sample1);
add_subdirectory(sample2)

   4. However, after generating the VC++ project file, if I open the project
within foo - have a `flat` structure as:
       foo\
            libproject
            sample1
            sample2
      after that all projects can be built, etc. But the structure is not
exactly what I want.

What is a way to specify CMakeLists.txt files in order to provide the
topology I'm looking for at the first place?

Thanks a lot for a kind attention to this message.

Michael.