[CMake] Cmake/MacPackaging

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:03:31 EDT 2008

Hi

Although it is not directly integrated with CMake/CPack, you might
want to have a look at how the mozilla/firefox guys do it:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/build/package/mac_osx/pkg-dmg

and also these posts are quite useful:

http://el-tramo.be/guides/fancy-dmg
https://www.math.ohio-state.edu/wiki/administration/macosx/dmgs

I use mozilla's pkg_dmg tool, which gives me quite nice .dmg's,
including license agreement. In order to create the background, I use
a "template-dmg", where I add a custom background image, arrange dummy
files/folders (with the correct names) and a symlink to /Applications
just the way I want it, and then copy out the .DS_Store file. This
file I then pass to pkg_dmg for inclusion in the final .dmg. The
"template" has to be a .dmg, else stupid Finder will use absolute path
names in the .DS_Store file.

HTH

Michael