[CMake] CMAKE_OVERRIDE_COMPILER_MISMATCH was Re: CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:43:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>  > I'd like to reiterate my request for the attached patch. CMake 2.6.0
>  > has become even more picky about the choice of compiler and now
>  > completely delete the cache during a make rebuild_cache stage.
>  >
>  > Step to reproduce:
>  > - debian oldstable (where all package are build gcc 3.3, aliased to c++)
>  > - default c++ executable pointing to g++-4.2
>  >
>  > When importing any of the official debian package (build with
>  > configuration CXX=c++, which at the time was aliased to g++-3.3),
>  > there is no way to actually say use g++-3.3 to link against the
>  > imported package. CMake will always force to use 'c++' which is wrong.
>  >
>  > Patch is totally non-intrusive.
>
>  Applied.  Did you ever add this to the bug tracker?

Thanks !

Because I only ever got one private answer from a single user, saying
he was too interested in the patch, I tought there might be a work
around I was not seeing. So I never entered it in the bug tracker...

BTW I have attached a couple of lines to document this varaible, see
attached file.

--
Mathieu