[CMake] compiling cmake on aix 5.1 and 5.3

Joachim Geiger joachim.geiger at ipp.mpg.de
Fri Mar 28 04:44:25 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Joachim Geiger wrote:
>> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>> So, does CVS cmake need the changes to curl.h and friends, or is it
>>> just 2.4.8?
>>>
>> No, the cvs-cmake does it alright.
>>
> Can you send me a patch?
> I don't think there will be a 2.4.9 but I can put the patch on the
> branch...
I made a patch with the command
diff -Naur cmake-2.4.8 cmake-2.4.8_changed
and attached it to the e-mail.

>>> I see it now:
>>>
>>> The fortran issue is here:
>>> http://public.kitware.com/CDash/testDetails.php?test=1651182&build=37538

..

> Do you recognize the errors at all?  Is the code wrong?
>
> -Bill
The code is ok and I think I can explain the behavior to a certain
extent. Since the f95 command has set the default option -qfree=f90 , it
expects free-formatted fortran code and naturally refuses with an error
when given a fixed-formatted code. The failure occurs because
fixed-formatted code allows comments with the letter "C" in the first
column whereas free-formatted code accepts "!" as comment character.
The xlf command works, however, I was not able to find the exact way how
it works. So my guess is that xlf knows from the suffix .f90, that it
may get free-formatted code and does accept it. If I find more, I will
post it here.
I accidentially make an Experimental-make with a gcc compiler version
3.1 on the sp-machine with the cvs-cmake. An experimental make with the
IBM-compilers and xlf as Fortran compiler with the current cvs is in work.
Best regards,
Joachim

--
Max-Planck-Institute for Plasma Physics,        @\\