[CMake] Only one target becomes verbose in the makefile

Niko Vuokko niko.vuokko at tkk.fi
Mon Mar 31 08:17:52 EDT 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 14:56, you wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Niko Vuokko <niko.vuokko at tkk.fi> wrote:
> > I have just a single project, which contains one small shared library and
> > several small executables. I also have just one CMakeLists.txt. Therefore
> > my
> > current settings should be enough. I also tried fiddling the cache with
> > ccmake, but it didn't change anything.
>
> What version of CMake is this?
>
> Can you attach a CMakeLists.txt file that can be used to reproduce the
> issue?

My CMake is 2.4-patch 8, it's my personal CMake (in ~/local) as the system
doesn't have one, but it shouldn't matter. Make has version 3.80.

I tried building the shared library in the executables. Result was that make
didn't give any extra messages. So somehow the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE is ok
for libraries, but not for executables. It was also verbose for the library
if I built it static.

Here's a minimal CMakeLists.txt, which gives no verbose output:

PROJECT(XYZ C)
SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE TRUE)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(ab ab.c)

Therefore the problem really lies in executable targets. Do you have any idea
what might cause this? Some system variable or other maybe?