[CMake] compiling cmake on aix 5.1 and 5.3

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Mar 27 11:06:19 EDT 2008

Joachim Geiger wrote:

>> -Bill
> Hello,
> I ran a "make Experimental" on the w04 AIX-5.1 system with the compiler
> version 6 with cmake-2.4.8 not modified, which means that the
> compilation generated errors.
No, I don't think so.  I did see the submission, thanks.
http://public.kitware.com/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=37525

So, does CVS cmake need the changes to curl.h and friends, or is it just
2.4.8?

> Should I run the "make Experimental" with the changed sources of
> strerror.c, curl.h and multi.h ?
> The AIX-5.3 (compiler version   8!) "make Experimental" for
> cmake-2.7.20080326 is still running, but may appear soon.

I see it now:

The fortran issue is here:
http://public.kitware.com/CDash/testDetails.php?test=1651182&build=37538

So, I had the same problem with f95 on the aix I ran on.  If I use xlf
things work.  Do you know what this f95 compiler is?  I am not a fortran
programmer so I am not sure if the errors are valid or not...

The install failure is here:
http://public.kitware.com/CDash/testDetails.php?test=1651154&build=37538

Not sure what is wrong there...

The bootstrap test did not seem to run.  Can you do an out of source
build from a clean source tree checkout and try again?  That is why the
test is not running. (I think)

-Bill