[CMake] Linux 64 bit woes

Adiel Mittmann adiel at inf.ufsc.br
Wed Mar 26 20:42:00 EDT 2008

Hi.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:12:18PM +0100, Robert Bielik wrote:
> I'm compiling under Ubuntu and want to generate 64 bit code. Is there a way to
> get cmake to generate the correct settings in the Makefile ?

Are you trying to cross-compile? Otherwise I don't think you have to do anything
special with CMake to make it generate a working Makefile.

> I tried adding -m64 (and -march=x86-64) but the __x86_64__ define does not
> seem to be set. I.e. when using FD_SET it gets the #define from
> asm-i386/posix_types.h which then results in an assembler error:
>
> Error: Incorrect register `%rax' used with `l' suffix

The following CMake file generated a Makefile that compiled the example code in
FD_SET's man page with no errors on my 64-bit system:

ADD_EXECUTABLE(fdtest fdtest.c)

--
Adiel Mittmann