[CMake] an easy way to clean cmake generated files?

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Mar 25 03:08:04 EDT 2008

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#CMake_does_not_generate_a_.22make_distclean.22_target._Why.3F
>
> So I doubt such a target could be added without someone crying why his generated file did not get cleaned up...

but, you could easily create a 'best-effort' distclean, that:

- cleans up all files generated by CMake directly
- provides hooks for external commands to do the same

thus if the implementer does not use external commands to generate
files, it works out of the box.

if he does, he has a way of cleaning his files up, by attaching to the
hooks provided, and cleaning up after himself there.

Akos