[CMake] CPack OSX Bundles

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Mar 22 13:24:27 EDT 2008

Timothy M. Shead wrote:
>> Folks:
>>
>> I'm generating OSX bundles for a couple of projects with GTK and one
>> with Qt dependencies.  Currently I handle everything with CMake,
>> custom
>> targets, and some custom shell scripts, but I'd like to get CPack to
>> do
>> the work.
>>
>> The OSXX11 generator is *almost* perfect, but I need some additional
>> flexibility.  Basically, I'd like to provide my own replacements for
>> the
>> script-launcher in Contents/MacOS and the
>> Contents/Resources/RuntimeScript startup script - this is to setup a
>> custom environment for the GTK libs and specify some command-line
>> arguments for my executables.  In the Qt case, I don't need to start
>> X11
>> at all, so the startup script could be considerably simplified.
>>
>> Would there be any interest in a patch for the OSXX11 generator along
>> these lines?  Would an entirely new generator be better?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>
> I'm a little surprised at the lack of feedback ... is this a lousy idea?
> Are there existing alternatives?  I'm anxious to contribute, but I don't
> want to waste my time if there's no interest ...
>
> Many thanks,
> Tim
Sorry, just real busy.  This is a good idea of course.   The best way to
make sure it does not get lost is to create a bug tracker entry for it.
  If you create a patch please use CVS CMake.  I guess there is another
issue.  On the new OSX, X11 is included by default and I don't think you
need to start it.  I have a patch from someone else that I have not yet
applied to fix that...

-Bill