[CMake] CPack: seg fault / cygwin / make package_source

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:05:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>  > I am working on a fix, but the missing variable in your cpack source
>  >  config file is this:
>  >
>  >  CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_NUMBER
>
>  I swear I did add that 5 days ago, see:
>
>   http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/CMakeLists.txt?r1=2671&r2=2684&view=patch
>
>  Anyway I'll try the CMake CVS again with --debug tonight.

[Closing the thread.]

Everything is now working properly with both CPack CVS/cpack 2.4.8. I
was missing:

SET(CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_FILE   dummy.file)
SET(CPACK_CYGWIN_BUILD_SCRIPT dummy.file)

Remember to run: make rebuild_cache in between each call to cpack,
since modification in CMakeLists.txt needs to be propagated in the
CPack*.cmake file.

Running cpack --debug --config ... did the trick in my case, since it
showed a std::string being constructed from a NULL const char *

And a final note on cygwin, I did build gcc 4.2.3 from source and gdb
6.7.1 from source, but still I could not get any backtrace in gdb.

Thanks,
--
Mathieu