[CMake] CMake C++/ADA

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Mar 18 12:46:58 EDT 2008

On 2008-03-18 10:55+0100 Castan romain wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I must do a project for my university. This project is composed of three
> part, one in C, one in Ada and one C++(Qt for Ui)
> I would like to know how i have to write my "CMakelists.txt".
> If you have some example of "CMakeLists.txt", or ideas for solve my problem
> of language compatibility.

I am working on getting Ada (actually gnat) language support into Ada.  For
a first pass at this see various files which you can browse at
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/.

The raw Ada language support is in the four files cmake/modules/CMake*Ada*
(At the moment, I am working on a second generation of those to be part of
CMake itself, and for now you should just put them into your local CMake
modules file). For specific PLplot Ada needs we set up needed CMake
variables in cmake/modules/*ada*, use the results to build a library of Ada
bindings to our core C PLplot library in bindings/ada, and create some Ada
examples that are linked to that Ada bindings library (and therefore
indirectly to our core C library) in examples/ada.

Hope this information is of some help to you, and don't hesitate to get back
to me if you have any further questions about Ada support in CMake.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).