[CMake] CPack OSX Bundles

Timothy M. Shead tshead at k-3d.com
Mon Mar 17 02:00:06 EDT 2008

Folks:

I'm generating OSX bundles for a couple of projects with GTK and one
with Qt dependencies.  Currently I handle everything with CMake, custom
targets, and some custom shell scripts, but I'd like to get CPack to do
the work.

The OSXX11 generator is *almost* perfect, but I need some additional
flexibility.  Basically, I'd like to provide my own replacements for the
script-launcher in Contents/MacOS and the
Contents/Resources/RuntimeScript startup script - this is to setup a
custom environment for the GTK libs and specify some command-line
arguments for my executables.  In the Qt case, I don't need to start X11
at all, so the startup script could be considerably simplified.

Would there be any interest in a patch for the OSXX11 generator along
these lines?  Would an entirely new generator be better?

Cheers,
Tim