[CMake] CPack: seg fault / cygwin / make package_source

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Mar 12 15:14:12 EDT 2008

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am getting a seg fault with both cmake 2.4.7 /  CMake CVS when
> making a cygwin package source.
>
>   To reproduce:
>
> svn co https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/trunk
> mkdir bin
> cd bin
> cmake ../trunk
> make && make package_source
>
> Backtrace is;
>
> $ gdb /home/mmalaterre/Projects/CMake-cyg/bin/cpack.exe
> GNU gdb 6.5.50.20060706-cvs (cygwin-special)
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
> (gdb) r --config /home/mmalaterre/Projects/gdcm/branches/release-cygwin/CPackS
> ourceConfig.cmake
> Starting program: /home/mmalaterre/Projects/CMake-cyg/bin/cpack.exe --config /ho
> me/mmalaterre/Projects/gdcm/branches/release-cygwin/CPackSourceConfig.cmake
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll
> Loaded symbols for /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/advapi32.dll
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/rpcrt4.dll
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/secur32.dll
> CPack: Create package using CygwinSource
> CPack: Install projects
> CPack: - Install directory: /home/mmalaterre/Projects/gdcm/branches/gdcm-2-0
> CPack: Compress package
>       8 [sig] cpack 304 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to cpack.exe.sta
> ckdump
>
> Program exited with code 0103000.
> (gdb) bt
> No stack.
> (gdb)
>
> Thanks,
Must be another missing variable....

Here are the ones that I am setting for CMake:

     # setup the cygwin package name
     SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME cmake)
     # setup the name of the package for cygwin cmake-2.4.3
     SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME

"${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${CMake_VERSION_MAJOR}.${CMake_VERSION_MINOR}.${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH}")
     # the source has the same name as the binary
     SET(CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME ${CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME})
     # Create a cygwin version number in case there are changes for cygwin
     # that are not reflected upstream in CMake
     SET(CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_NUMBER 1)
     # These files are required by the cmCPackCygwinSourceGenerator and
the files
     # put into the release tar files.
     SET(CPACK_CYGWIN_BUILD_SCRIPT

"${CMake_BINARY_DIR}/@CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME at -@CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_NUMBER at .sh")
     SET(CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_FILE

"${CMake_BINARY_DIR}/@CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME at -@CPACK_CYGWIN_PATCH_NUMBER at .patch")

Are you setting all of these?  If you find the missing one, and it fixes
the problem, of course let me know, and I will fix the crash.

-Bill