[CMake] Somehow making life easier with wxWidgets ...

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Mar 11 09:29:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Jorgen Bodde wrote:
> Hi Miquel,
>
>  I am not here to critisize your work, on the contrary, your work is
>  probably based on Jerry fath's work, which is based upon my work ;-) I
>  did contribute to CMake too once a long while ago ;-)

Don't worry, no offense taken. I was just trying to clarify the state
of things and the limitations I see. I am indeed interested in making
this work better and would drop the current FindwxWidgets in a second
if we can come up with a robust wxWidgets.cmake generation that the
wxWidgets developers agree to include in their distribution.

> >  Current CVS/HEAD FindwxWidgets and I think the last release CMake
>  >  2.4.8 supports upto wxWidgets 2.9.
>

> My humble apologies!
>  When you mentioned that it was prepared for wx2.8 I doubted myself and
>  looked again. And ofcourse I only looked at the top of the
>  FindwxWidgets script, mentioning 2.6 a lot. At the bottom I see you
>  are attempting to find up to 2.8. I will have to update my own project
>  so it seems because it might be using a wrong script then.

Ok. If you update and still can't find the 2.8 libs let me know and I
can try to debug/fix the problem.