[CMake] Somehow making life easier with wxWidgets ...

Jorgen Bodde jorgen.maillist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:49:43 EDT 2008

Hi All,

After a (long) while I wanted to attend to my wxWidgets projects again
which I generate from a CMake project. I generated, and found out the
libs that were expected were still of the 2.6 version of wxWidgets,
while they are at 2.8 already (soon 2.9 even).

When it comes to using wxWidgets on Windows the find scripts are
always outdated or restrictive. Now that I am more into scripting
laguages I wonder is it possible to do the following with Cmake

- Call an external "find app" e.g. called find-wxWidgets.exe
- Retrieve the current version (2.6, 2.7, 2.8), DLL etc in CMAKE variables
- Configure the project with Cmake like normal

Currently the FindWx / useWx scripts continously lag behind
development, or are not flexible enough. Any thoughts?

- Jprgen