[CMake] generating GNU makefiles for MSVC

Randal Walser randal-walser at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 18:00:33 EST 2008

Can anyone tell me how I can use cmake to generate GNU makefiles which
invoke the MSVC compiler?  The Cygwin version of cmake seems to insist
on gcc.  Likewise, when I specify "Unix Makefiles" to CMakeSetup, it
resets the compiler to gcc after I've set it to cl.  Perhaps I'm
overlooking something, but I don't see anything that specifically
addresses this in the online cmake documentation.

Thanks,

Randal

P.S. I'm not trying to generate Visual Studio projects; only GNU
makefiles.