[CMake] Building from generated code

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Mar 4 14:41:41 EST 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Christian Hoffmann wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer! The reply-delay in this list is just awesome!
>
> It possible to perform it at compile-time, but itwould take *very* long -

Do you mean "at compile time" or was it a typo and you meant "at cmake time" ?

> much longer than the actual compile and link process. But - why not? Im am

Independent from when you run it, it will in both cases take long. I don't see
the issue here.

> just trying this approach. it seems to work. Is there some way to send the
> output of the command BOTH to an output variable AND to the screen? As the
> computation takes quite long, it would be nice to see the progression
> report of the called process.

Not really. You can print it on the screen once it has finished.
If you can modify E, you could have it print to both stdout and stderr, and
capture only one of the two.

Alex