[CMake] VS2005 PocketPC and Smartphone targets

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Mar 3 19:28:57 EST 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008, Philip Lowman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Kevin Tucker <ktucker at birdstep.com> wrote:
> >  Tried to post the zip file to the cmake e-mail list, but it bounced
> > because it was too large.  Hope you got it, Philip!  Here's just the one
> > vcproj file.
>
> Kevin,
>
> It might be possible to get most of the way there with a lot of custom
> preprocessor definitions, and tweaked compilation and linking flags .
> Modifying Windows-cl.cmake to support passing /machine:ARM along with the
> other ARM specific options that are needed would probably be a good place
> to start.  I'm not sure if anyone has undertaken the effort before though.
>

> Also, I'm not sure what this section does (I suspect it just modifies the
> possible build configurations) but noticed that nothing like it is being
> generated by CMake 2.4.8.
>
>      <Platforms>
>         <Platform
>             Name="Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)"
>         />
>         <Platform
>             Name="Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4)"
>         />

I can't help with testing, since I don't have any Windows installation
available, but I'd be happy to help with answering questions and integrating
this into cmake cvs.
Supporting the MS cross toolchain would be really nice to have in cmake. I'd
suggest the first step should be to modify Windows-cl.cmake so it can deal
with different architectures and get the nmake generator working for your
target.
You need to use cmake cvs for that, 2.4 doesn't support cross compiling.

Alex