[CMake] VMWare on SCons' future

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:11:19 EST 2008

VMWare is a large commercial project.  http://www.vmware.com/  They
have been using SCons for about a year now, and they say they're
relatively happy with it.  They've made a recent post to the SCons
mailing list that has engendered a lot of discussion (131 replies).
http://www.nabble.com/SCons-Future-Directions-and-Thoughts-td15176258.html
 I'm going to pick through the post and see if SCons demonstrates
anything conclusive about scripting languages.  I think I've now
surveyed all the other open source tools out there, and they just
don't have a history of projects large enough to say anything.  I
don't think there are any competing proprietary tools?  If I've
overlooked something please let me know.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every