[CMake] CMake and Lua

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Mar 1 22:24:38 EST 2008

Brandon Van Every wrote:

 >  We're still at (1).  I'm willing to drop discussion of CMake --> Lua
 >  translators for 3 months, to give Bill time to think.  *If* I don't

> It really all depends on how far back the CMake compatibility has to go.
>
> A far more likely scenario is, CMake --> Lua translators are used to
> get 99% of the CMake community onto Lua.  The remaining 1% contract
> with Kitware for their special needs.

Rats, I thought I had three months before you brought up translators
again....

This is a very good point (old versions of CMake).  I am sure there are
other issues we are missing.  Uses and mis-uses of CMake.  However,
arguing about a hypothetical translator is a waste of time.   The amount
of code in cmake that supports the current language is small, and I see
no reason to keep it, even if there is another language. So, I am asking
nicely please stop this thread on translators.

-Bill