[CMake] Problem Porting from cmake 2.4.7 to 2.6

Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com
Mon Jun 30 03:52:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry for my late response, but there wasn't any PC at my weekend location.

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Thanks, Brad, for pointing me in the correct direction.
> Checking with the
> 2.4.8 and 2.6.0 versions of the corresponding Fortran file,
> the variables that must be added in total for 2.6.0 and Ada
> are actually
>
> CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RPATH_LINK_Ada_FLAG
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RUNTIME_Ada_FLAG *
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RUNTIME_Ada_FLAG_SEP *
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RPATH_LINK_Ada_FLAG
> CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_LINK_Ada_WITH_RUNTIME_PATH
>
> * indicates ones you mentioned above.
>
> Once those additional variables are set, shared Ada libraries
> work for the simple test project and also for PLplot
> regardless of whether I use
> 2.4.8 or 2.6.0!
>
> So it really does appear there is a significant addition to
> the number of variables you have to set for 2.6.0 language
> support compared to 2.4.x language support.
>
> To Bill Hoffman: I don't mind that backwards incompatible
> change, but there might be one or two others trying to port
> language support between 2.4.8 and 2.6.0 so perhaps this
> change should be documented somewhere?
>
> Thanks very much, Brad, for helping me to get these Ada
> language support issues straightened out for 2.6.0.
>
> To Alexander Camak (and others interested in Ada support for
> CMake): please try the test project with the option of shared
> libraries for CMake-2.6.0 to be sure it works on all
> platforms of interest to you.

Thanks for all your help. I will test it here on my machine for windows.

By the way, I have written a macro for using gnatbind explicitly for some libraries here.

Ada has the speciality if you use direct some Ada libraries there has to be some _elabbs codes and also an entrypoint called adainit, for exit it is called adafinalize.
These are normally generated for libraries by calling gnatmake, then they are generated by the binder implicitly, or the programmer gives it explicitly.

I will give it to everybody who wants or need this macro.

Greetings

Alexander Camek

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.