[CMake] Installing Debug/Release Libraries under VS2005

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Fri Jun 27 09:40:10 EDT 2008

I have started "debugging" my cmakelists.txt file under windows
VS2005 lately and I am trying to make sure all my support libraries
are getting installed correctly. I know this has been on the list
before but a search of the archives is coming up empty for me.
Basically I have a debug library and a release library and based on
what I am building in Visual Studio I would like the proper library
to be copied to the install location. Is this possible?

Using something like:

IF (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug")
     SET (QTLIBLIST QtCored QtGuid)
ENDIF (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug")

will not work because the type of build is unknown at cmake time for
visual studio. So is there a solution to this problem at this point?

I am using CMake 2.4.8? Is there something in 2.6.0 that would help?

Thanks for any help.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer