[CMake] porting to cmake 2.6 from 2.4.6

David Blado dblado at decarta.com
Thu Jun 19 02:12:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I recently took up the task of porting to 2.6 (again…fell off my plate for a while ☺ )

I’m seeing this when running cmake:
CMake Error: Cannot determine link language for target "libraryX".

All of the source files listed are cpp files:
SET(SRCS
  fileA
)

fileA is really fileA.cpp but I’ve noticed that I can ignore the .cpp extension and CMake will find it.

I’m building an so:
SET(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON)

And using: ADD_LIBRARY(${LIB_NAME} ${SRCS})

Any idea why CMake 2.6 is all of a sudden requesting that I use: SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(XYZ PROPERTIES LINKER_LANGUAGE CXX) when it never did w/ CMake 2.4.x?

Thanks,
David