[CMake] eclipse nmake include folders

Mehdi Rabah mehdi.rabah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:56:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva <
miguelf at ieee.org> wrote:

> I've

> environment

> path
> >>
> >> This looks like a Eclipse bug rather than something cmake can do for
> you.
> >> As you already said - they're standard locations for the compiler so why
> >> should cmake care in any way?
> >
> > -> because Eclipse also doesn't care about the compiler, Eclipse only
> call
> > makefiles. Again, this is not a compiler issue, this is a project setting
> > issue. And since my project file is _generated by cmake_, I thought this
> > feature will be simple to point to there standard locations. (which is
> done
> > within a cmake gcc-mingw eclipse project I believe)
> >

> >> And as before - I've more than one compiler on my system...
> >
> > I also have more than one compiler working on my system but I fail to see
> > how this is related to this issue.
> >
> > CMake doesn't care about these standard locations, and Eclipse also do
> -->
> > I'll just add a if(WIN32) followed by an include_directories(), this is
> not
> > a big deal.
>
> Mehdi,
>
> These are two separate issues. The issue that Alex brought up is a
> hard thing to do. That is, you are required to have the enviroment set
> at cmake time, otherwise the generation will fail.
>
> However, what you are asking is quite feasible and if you provide the
> information I requested in my last e-mail I can implement it.
>
> Thanks,
> --Miguel

Hi Miguel,
thanks for your two mails ^^

After configuring my project, I need to add "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include" path to the project, here is how:

- right click on project root
- clic on properties
- clic on "c++ include  path and symbols"
- clic on "add external include path"
- paste the visual studio include path
-> ok -> ok

I understood that the issue we were discussing is the same because the
include path I just gave you is in the vsvars32.bat. Unless you have another
way of getting this information? (hard code it?)

Regards,
--
Mehdi