[CMake] CPack NSIS no branding image

Torsten Grote Torsten.Grote at gmx.de
Sun Jun 1 17:48:44 EDT 2008

Hi all,

it seems impossible to build a NSIS installer using CMake. I tried
v2.6.0 and the latest CVS version.
After a "make package" I get a CPack Error. The log file NSISOutput.log
gives me:

[snip]
!insertmacro: MUI_LANGUAGE

Error: no branding image found in chosen UI!
Error in macro MUI_HEADERIMAGE_INIT on macroline 27
Error in macro MUI_GUIINIT on macroline 3
Error in macro MUI_FUNCTION_GUIINIT on macroline 4
Error in macro MUI_INSERT on macroline 11
Error in macro MUI_LANGUAGE on macroline 7
Error in script
"/home/xyz/tmp/cmake/build/_CPack_Packages/win32/NSIS/project.nsi" on
line 438 -- aborting creation process
[/snip]

I am on a 64bit GNU/Linux, crosscompiling my project for Windows with
mingw32. I managed to reproduce the error with a minimal(! enough to
trigger the error) test project. The CMakeLists.txt file follows.

ADD_EXECUTABLE(hello wintest.c)

INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY "My funky project")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR "Me, myself, and I")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "1")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "3")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "2")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "CMake
${CMake_VERSION_MAJOR}.${CMake_VERSION_MINOR}")

IF(WIN32 AND NOT UNIX)
   SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "NSIS")
   SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_ICON "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/test.bmp")
ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT UNIX)

INCLUDE(CPack)

The image test.bmp exists and is a Windows bmp file. I checked the wiki
and the sparse documentation, but was unable to find any clue.
If you have any ideas, please let me now!

Thanks and Regards,
Torsten