[CMake] FW: cmake newbie questions

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jul 31 15:39:31 EDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008, Phil Smith wrote:
> When you say "the executable", I assume you mean the object code?  Note
> that this is being compiled for a System z mainframe, so the object won't
> look much like anything you've seen before.  I can send it, but is that
> going to help?

I can't tell without having it seen.
So, are there no "executables" with z/OS ? In which way does the object file
look different than anything I've ever seen ?
Is it easy to detect that the file is EBCDIC ?
Then we could add the detection to cmake, then it would just work (this is
already done e.g. for Intel hex files).

Alex