[CMake] How to build a cross-compiling toolchain

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jul 31 13:24:19 EDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008, 王汉斌 wrote:
> Hi,everyone
> I'm a rookie of cmake. Now I want to use cmake to set up a cross-compiling
> toolchain, the target platform is under ARM926's montavista linux v4 ( with
> linux 2.6.10 kernel), What should I do to set up a cross-compiling
> toolchain, so I can build my project to use in the target platform? Thank
> you so much if you could help me.

Do you want to build your cross compiler ?
Then cmake is not what you are looking for.

Or do you already have your cross compiler and want to set it up now so you
can use it with cmake ?
This is how to use cmake for cross compiling in general:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

And this is an example how to set up cmake with eldk, which is also an
embedded linux distribution, I guess this should be quite similar to your
setup:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CmakeEldk

Alex