[CMake] FW: cmake newbie questions

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jul 30 15:13:45 EDT 2008

Hi Phil,

On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Phil Smith wrote:
> 2) The messages:
>         -- The C compiler identification is unknown
>         -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
>    ...seem to be generated because CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.in doesn't know
> about Dignus. Is there a nice way to override that?  I guess I *could* just
> document that "you'll get this message"...

Yes, there is, see Modules/CMakeForceCompiler.cmake.
But the better option is to make the compiler known to cmake.
Please have a look at Modules/CMakeCCompilerId.c.in .
Is there a similar test we can use for the Dignus compiler ?

> 3) System is unknown to cmake, create:
> Platform/ZOS to use this system, please send your config file to
> cmake at www.cmake.org so it can be added to cmake

The name of the operating system is now "ZOS", so CMake looks in
Modules/Platform/ for a file ZOS.cmake and doesn't find it.
So you have to create one. I don't know much about z/OS. E.g FreeBSD.cmake is
very small, maybe you can start from that if it's more or less similar.

Alex