[CMake] CPack Components with NSIS and using InstallRequiredSystemLibraries

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 09:02:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Thomas Moelhave <thomasm at daimi.au.dk> wrote:
> I've enjoyed using the new CPack component support[1] to generate funky
> NSIS installers. However, the generated NSIS installer does not contain
> the required MSVC (in my case, MSVC 9) redist dll's fuond by
> InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.
> The files are found correctly and are, in fact, included in the zip file
> generated by the ZIP generator.

The system libraries won't show up in the list of components (since
they aren't installed with a COMPONENT argument), but they should be
installed.

> Do I have to do anything specific (other than
> include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)) to make the NSIS generator
> include them? I have tried using both  2.6.1 rc13 and yesterdays nightly
> build.

Just "include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)" should work. Could you
try moving this command before the include(CPack) and tell me whether
that works?

  - Doug