[CMake] Finding MinGW compiler libraries?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 19:39:25 EDT 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 01:51:37 pm Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:

> [...]

Back to that error again.  I think what needs to happen
is that if we have CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "Debug"
then we need to have ADD_DEFINITIONS( -D__WXDEBUG__ ...
someplace.  Doing that did get the error to go away,
and things linked.  Now I need to figure out why the program
is not running.  Think I'm on my own there. ;-)

> wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION to msw (not mswd) so that it can use msw and
> mswd.
>
> If you set it to mswd, then it tries to find mswd and mswdd... since
> mswdd doesn't exist it resets wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG to FALSE.

I did see mswdd at one point and wondered what the deal was with that.

wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION "msw"
wxWidgets_LIB_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib"
wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8"
wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG "ON"
wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE "wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND"

CMAKE_BASE_NAME "g++"
CMAKE_BINARY_DIR "C:/PA/Build"
CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL "C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe"
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "Debug"
CMAKE_CACHEFILE_DIR "c:/PA/Build"
CMAKE_CACHE_MAJOR_VERSION "2"
CMAKE_CACHE_MINOR_VERSION "7"
CMAKE_CACHE_RELEASE_VERSION "20080706"

> I guess a little more documentation wouldn't hurt... feel free to lend
> your experiences to the wiki ;)

I might do that when I get a working program.  Hopefully someone
in the future can use it for an example and not have to go through
all of this.