[CMake] Avoiding duplicate messages

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Jul 27 15:01:16 EDT 2008

On 2008-07-27 14:09+0200 Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> PS: Please to not send replies to me _and_ the list, just to the list is
> completely sufficient. An MUA that understands mailing lists can help here.

Hendrik, if you are objecting to duplicate messages (which I agree would be
annoying to receive), then you can configure your subscription to the list
to avoid getting those. See the section entitled "Avoid duplicate copies of
messages?"

With that option turned on, I find it very helpful when someone addresses a
question directly to me as well as the list since my mailer then marks that
message as specifically addressed to me, and I can give that post much
higher priority then the usual CMake ML post where I may or may not have an
interest in the topic.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).