[CMake] Finding MinGW compiler libraries?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 12:58:41 EDT 2008

>Make sure you build the "no debug" version of wxWidgets

I built all four versions.  debug/release unicode/ansi.

> > Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> > detected. The library used 2.8 (debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
> > containers,compatible with 2.6),
> >  and your program used 2.8 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
> > containers,compatible with 2.6).
>
> Make sure you build the "no debug"

The no-debug version does link, doesn't run tho.  So now trying to
get the debug version to link.

> version of wxWidgets and then make
> sure that you select the following:
>
> wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION == mswu (msw unicode non-debug)
>
> and
>
> wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG == TRUE

Even if I do set that to 'on' in the GUI, when
I hit "Configure" it has been switched to 'off'.

wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION "mswd"
wxWidgets_LIB_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib"
wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8"
wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG "FALSE"
wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE "wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND"

CMAKE_BASE_NAME "g++"
CMAKE_BINARY_DIR "C:/PA/Build"
CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL "C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe"
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "Debug"
CMAKE_CACHEFILE_DIR "c:/PA/Build"
CMAKE_CACHE_MAJOR_VERSION "2"
CMAKE_CACHE_MINOR_VERSION "7"
CMAKE_CACHE_RELEASE_VERSION "20080706"

Anything else you might want to see?

> You might need to remove the CMakeCache for this.

I did.