[CMake] CMake CVS + CPack + NSIS - Installing files with spaces

Gregory Peele ARA/CFD gpeele at ara.com
Fri Jul 25 19:56:23 EDT 2008

I'm really pleased with the component-based CPack installer with the
NSIS backend, and am currently using the July 24th  CVS snapshot of
CMake to take advantage of it.  Today I ran into a  puzzler though.
Some of the files I'm installing have spaces in the relative path, and
the NSIS script containing them is being generated with extra quotes
surrounding the full relative install path, causing makensis to fail.

For example, my file is "Plugin Config.xml", and my install command is

INSTALL (FILES "Plugin Config.xml" DESTINATION bin/config COMPONENT
PLUGINS).

In the generated NSIS project.nsi file, this creates a line

Delete "$INSTDIR\"bin\config\plugin\Plugin Config.xml""

under the Remove_${PLUGINS} section.  The extra quotes are causing
makensis to bail (and confusing it enough that tracking down the actual
problem was quite a challenge.)

Do I just not properly understand how to quote strings in CMake, or is
this a bug in the NSIS generator?

Thanks,

~Greg