[CMake] Installing OSX Frameworks

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 23 16:45:34 EDT 2008

On 7/23/08 1:45 PM, "Bill Hoffman" <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> There is also a module in CMake that we have been using for this type of
> thing.  See Modules/GetPrerequisites.cmake.

Man, those Kitware guys think of everything ;)

While I'm at it, is there a good way to install an external shared library
that handles its' symlinks?  I've been doing the following, which is
less-than-satisfying:

# Because a dylib may consist of multiple symlinks pointing
# to a single library with soname, installing dylib files
# by name is a little tricky.  This macro handles installation
# of a single dylib and all its symlinks.  Pass the full path
# to the dylib.
MACRO(OVERVIEW_INSTALL_DYLIB SOURCE)

  GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(SOURCE_PATH ${SOURCE} PATH)
  GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(SOURCE_NAME ${SOURCE} NAME_WE)

  INSTALL(
    DIRECTORY "${SOURCE_PATH}/"
    DESTINATION bin
    COMPONENT OverView
    FILES_MATCHING
    PATTERN ${SOURCE_NAME}.dylib
    PATTERN ${SOURCE_NAME}.*.dylib
    PATTERN *.app EXCLUDE
    )

ENDMACRO(OVERVIEW_INSTALL_DYLIB)

Many thanks!
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead
Scalable Analytics & Visualization (1424)