[CMake] FindImageMagick Updated in CVS

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Wed Jul 23 03:06:24 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Philip Lowman wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva
> <miguelf at ieee.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Philip Lowman wrote:
>> > I'd like to seek approval to have the following CMake find modules added
>> > CMake.  Both are to work with popular pieces of software and I happily
>> > volunteer myself to maintain the modules.
>> >
>> > Magick (ImageMagick libraries)
>> > http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=6400
>>
>> I think rather than having two modules (i.e., FindImageMagick and
>> FindMagick) we should have one
>
> Your approach seems fine to me.
>
>> What platforms have you used ImageMagick devel files in? Are you
>> familiar with how it is installed in platforms other than yours?
>
> I've only ever used Magick and Magick++ on Linux and MSVC/Windows.  I tested
> the module on Debian/Ubuntu but I believe it should work with most Linux
> distributions that package ImageMagick development libraries.  On Win32 I
> tested it against the ImageMagick installer which comes with an option for
> installing MSVC compiled development libraries & headers.

For those interested in FindImageMagick, I have updated the module in cvs:

/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/FindImageMagick.cmake,v <-- FindImageMagick.cmake

It resolves the following issues:

ENH: Updated FindImageMagick to:
- Find newer additions such as animate, compare, etc.
- Find development api: Magick++, MagickCore, MagickWand
- Use FindPackageHandleStandardArgs to output standard messages.

You can access it quickly at:

http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/FindImageMagick.cmake?root=CMake&view=markup

Comments welcome and testers appreciated.

--Miguel