[CMake] CTest + unit test frameworks integration

Yuri Timenkov ytimenkov at parallels.com
Mon Jul 21 02:59:44 EDT 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 22:38:26 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2008, Yuri Timenkov wrote:
> > Does anyone have an experience in integrating Unit test frameworks with
> > CTest? AFAIK many of such frameworks provide means to register tests and
> > test cases, and it would be nice to make ctest aware of such things,
> > because it's not good to make changes in multiple places when I add new
> > test.
> >
> > I know, KDE has some things, but their approach doesn't allow to run
> > single test.
>
> Do you mean with a "single" test a single test executable with all tests or
> a single test within a single test executable ?
> If there is something bad, of course we'll try to fix it.
I mean QTest allows to have multiple tests in single executable. So with CTest
you have 2 options:
1) run all QTest tests as single CTest test (as it is works now).
2) Add custom CTest target which runs only selected tests.

This is just an idea how to have multiple tests in single executable and
ability to invoke each of them from CTest.