[CMake] detection of min version in findBoost

nilitonilito nilitonilito nilitonilito at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 03:43:29 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to detect libboost in my CMake root script, it works except for min version, I can put any kind of min version it always pass the test, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?

here is a snippet of my script :

SET(BOOST_MIN_VERSION "2.33.2")

FIND_PACKAGE(Boost REQUIRED)

if (NOT Boost_FOUND)
      message(FATAL_ERROR "Fatal error: Boost (version >= x.x.x) required.\n"
      )
endif (NOT Boost_FOUND)

That script does not halt and my version of Boost is 1.33.1, whatever I put as BOOST_MIN_VERSION it keeps on. I also tried to replace BOOST_MIN_VERSION by Boost_MIN_VERSION but same result.

Thanks for your help
Regards
Nil