[CMake] static libs and more

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 15:28:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

> The main problem AFAIK for VS is that static and dynamic libraries are
> indistinguishable by extension. They both have a .lib one. And you don't
> know in advance is some library is static one or just import library for
> some dynamic one.
>
> For cygwin/mingw things may be more similar to Unix.
I do not really see the problem. They will have the same extension (*.lib) but
they will have different names. The FindXXX.cmake is written by hand with in
advance knowledge about the structure of the libs.

Alin

 "...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast