[CMake] CMake support for Python

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:27:44 EDT 2008

2008/7/10 Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
> You are missing the enable_testing() + include(CTest) thingy

Thanks Mathieu, I have got the test and CDash submission working fine.

However, I can't seem to get the ADD_PYTHON_COMPILEALL_TEST call working
It needs a copy of compileall.py to work but as I understand, there is
already compileall.py ship with python, should that file be duplicated
in each project that require the compileall capability within CMake ?

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
Start processing tests
Test project /Users/nicholas/projects/pi_svn/programming/python/UnitTesting/build
  1/  2 Testing COMPILE_ALL-/Users/nicholas/pr***Failed
  2/  2 Testing PYTHON-TEST                      Passed

50% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 2

The following tests FAILED:
          1 - COMPILE_ALL-/Users/nicholas/projects/pi_svn/programming/python/UnitTesting/src
(Failed)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [test] Error 8
8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6)

ENABLE_TESTING()

PROJECT ( unittest )

INCLUDE ( CTest )
INCLUDE ( FindPythonInterp )
INCLUDE ( UsePythonTest )

# Require compileall.py file to be present, not good
ADD_PYTHON_COMPILEALL_TEST ( ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/src )
# ADD_PYTHON_COMPILEALL_TEST ( ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/test )

SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(test/GeometryTestSuite.py PROPERTIES PYTHONPATH
  ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/src)
ADD_PYTHON_TEST(PYTHON-TEST test/GeometryTestSuite.py)