[CMake] Error removing temporary files with CMake on VS2003.Net, WinXP

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Jul 15 13:47:07 EDT 2008

I am using CMake 2.4.8 on WinXP generating VS2003.Net project files.
During cmake time (using the CMakeSetup.exe program) I will get
errors that basically say that cmake could not remove temporary files
due to permissions. This leads to all sorts of other problems after
cmake is run.

The Error is:
CMakeError: Remove failed on file: C:/Workspace/expat/vs2003/
CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/debug/cmTryCompile.Exec.exe: System Error:
Permission Denied

Has any one else ever seen this? I think the way to reproduce this
was to run "configure" from within CMakeSetup.exe. Delete the Cache
and then configure again.

Thanks

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer