[CMake] Fw: Re: Problems generating Xcode projects

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jul 15 09:39:06 EDT 2008

Samuel Crow wrote:

> [...]

Yes, makefiles are used in a very limited way to get around some issues
with Xcode, but 99% of the build is done with Xcode.  Custom commands
are done with small makefiles.  I don't think that there is another way
to do them.   Also, there are some makefiles used to get around some
rebuild problems that Xcode has when linking to external libraries.
However, the bulk of the build is done with native Xcode.

>>> When I try to open the project with Xcode I have
>>>
>>> Project
>>> /Users/fca/AliCmake/NewIO/xcode_dir/AliRoot.xcodeproj
>>> cannot
>>> be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.
>>>
>>> Any hint? Best,

This sounds like a bug, can you send me (off the list
AliRoot.xcodeproj)?  (It maybe a bug that I just fixed...)

-Bill