[CMake] try_compile: more verbose format wanted

Steven Van Ingelgem steven at vaningelgem.be
Mon Jul 14 09:50:54 EDT 2008

I investigated this a little more and I think this is a bug in CMake:

[ 21%] [BISON][dvParse] Building parser with bison 2.1
cd C:\TEMP\datadraw\src && "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\bison.exe" -l -d
-p dv -b dv -d -o dvparse.c dvparse.y

*==> this is ok*

"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.7\bin\cmake.exe" -E cmake_progress_report
C:\TEMP\datadraw\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles 1
[ 23%] Building C object CMakeFiles/datadraw.dir/dvparse.obj
C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe   -IC:\TEMP\datadraw\src\..
-IC:\TEMP\datadraw\src\..\util  -o CMakeFiles\datadraw.dir\dvparse.obj   -c
C:\TEMP\datadraw\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\dvparse.c
gcc.exe: C:\TEMP\datadraw\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\dvparse.c: No such file or
directory

*==> this is not*

Why would it want to take "CMakeTmp\dvparse.c"?

I have in my CMakeLists:
==========================
add_executable(
  datadraw

  # dvParse
  dvparse.c dvparse.h
  # dvScan
  dvscan.c dvscan.h
)
set_source_files_properties(dvparse.c dvparse.h dvscan.c dvscan.h PROPERTIES
GENERATED TRUE)

What I would expect is that CMake looks in the correct directory, being the
"/src" one, and not the CMakeTmp one.

Greetings,
Steven