[CMake] Newbie creating shared objects on Mac

Kai Sterker kai.sterker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:30:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Gerrick Bivins
<gbivins at objectreservoir.com> wrote:

> I realized I left out the fact that I'm using the swig module.
> Sorry about that.
> Does the SWIG_ADD_MODULE have a SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY equivalent?

It's the same for me, but it hasn't caused me any troubles so far.

[snip]
[ 81%] Swig source
Scanning dependencies of target _main
[ 81%] Building CXX object
src/py-wrappers/adonthell/CMakeFiles/_main.dir/py_mainPYTHON_wrap.o
[ 82%] Building CXX object
src/py-wrappers/adonthell/CMakeFiles/_main.dir/py_main.o
Linking CXX shared module _main.so
[snip]

I am not using the latest CMake, however (still happy with 2.4.7). So
unless you have a specific issue (aside from a file extension that's
atypical for a Mac shared library), I wouldn't bother.

Kai