[CMake] Visual Studio and Windows Mobile SDKs

Clemens Arth Clemens.Arth at gmx.at
Mon Jul 7 06:34:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'll submit a patch as soon as I've managed to work around some remaining issues. After messing around with some registry stuff, here's where I'm currently standing. I had a hard time to find whether VS stores the information on all the different SDKs in the registry or in a file. Concerning Windows Mobile they are stored in a config file called ${VSHOME}\VC\vcpackages\WCE.VCPlatform.config. Now I'm using a special XML parser engine derived from cmXMLParser to parse it and to get a vector of structs containing all the information, including the used instruction set, the exact SDK name, etc.
I also removed the need for the additional command line flags. All the toolchain-based stuff moved into the generator, because the only important flag to set is the "WINCE" flag to access the platform specific files. Everything else can also be parsed from the SDK definitions. Also the compilers/assemblers are set in the generator itself, because basically it is just a change of executables within VS (because they are part of VS anyway).
Now I end up having a generator with a set of SDKs and, unfortunately, only one possibility to set "this->PlatformName" to one of the SDKs. This means that it would be necessary to either
- use a user-dialog based selection of the SDKs found, which might not be easy, or
- introduce some additinal functionality into the VS generators (or at least this one) to set up projects for all platforms found (which would be my preferred solution).
In principle, the second way should not be that hard, as most of the functionality is already there. As I've stated before I guess that there has to be a second layer, which simply "loops" through a vector of platforms; this will be my next step. One open question is how to pass specific options from outside using a CMakeLists.txt to a specific platform within the generator. However, I have not really thought about that yet.

Regards
Clemens

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx