[CMake] How to find wxWidgets with cmake under Windows?

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sun Jul 6 11:19:17 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 03:40:15 am Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
>
>> For unix and windows the CMakeLists.txt file
>> should work transparently. It is just that it finds things
>> differently. With windows it searches for it according to the standard
>> places and finds each lib, etc. In unix (and in cygwin and msys also
>> for that matter) it uses wx-config.
>
> A wx-config.exe for Windows dose exist:
>
> http://wxconfig.googlepages.com/
>
> Few know of it, it seems.

I know of it, don't know if it is any good (i.e., up to date), but
since many don't have it... can't rely on it for the module.

>> http://www.cmake.org/files/vCVS/cmake-2.7.20080706-win32-x86.exe
>
> Installed that after uninstalling 2.6.  It has a lot more wx entries,
> all of which say "NOTFOUND".

This is good. The process is that it finds the ROOT_DIR, then the
LIB_DIR, then all the libs. You're getting closer to the libs ;)

>> I'm unsure where MinGW will build the libs, since I don't use it...
>
> Download Mingw32 setup 5.1.4 and share the pain: :-)
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=240780

Yeah, maybe I'll need to do that... but this way I make a new friend ;)

>> C:/wxwidgets-2.8.8/lib/mingw_lib

Ok, I need to make a fix for this to be done automatically.

> 'Build for: "MingGW Makefiles"'.
>
> C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib
>
> I got all of the Red entries to go away,
> but it *still* tells me it can't find it.

Send me a listing of the names of the libs in gcc_lib, so I can make a
change to find them and then send you a modified version.

> Does this mater?:
> wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND
> I see no sign that it was built when I built wxwidgets.

No, this is an optional tool that is not build by default, which you
can find at C:/wxWidgets/utils/wxrc.

>> If this is the case, then it won't find it automatically, but it will
>> allow you to set wxWidgets_LIB_DIR to the correct path.
>
> Looks reasonable at C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib .

But I suppose you set it manually to C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib, right?

>> Remember to  empty the build directory and start over from scratch
>
> Did that.

--Miguel