[CMake] How to find wxWidgets with cmake under Windows?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 21:17:20 EDT 2008

> Ok, the problem is that you are finding wxWidgets "Unix Style"...

I started with a CMakeLists.txt file from Linux, where it
works fine.  Is that bad?  I'm trying to build with Mingw32-gcc.

This part of what I have:

# Find package for wxWidgets is required:
FIND_PACKAGE( wxWidgets COMPONENTS base )

IF( wxWidgets_FOUND )

  # wxWidgets macros are required:
  INCLUDE( ${wxWidgets_USE_FILE} )
ELSE(wxWidgets_FOUND)
  # wxWidgets was not found, cannot continue:
  MESSAGE("wxWidgets not found! Internal variables are not pointing to the
correct wxWidgets configuration.")
ENDIF(wxWidgets_FOUND)

Should I have something different?

> this  was fixed about two weeks ago. You can either download the latest
> binaries

I did not see any newer than the 2.6 that I have, unless I build from CVS?

> or simply replace the FindwxWidgets file with this one:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake?revisi
>on=1.22&root=CMake&view=markup

Did that.  It *still* tells me it can't wxWidgets. :-<

I do have wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR now, and it is set to c:/wxwidgets-2.8.8 like
I would expect it to be.

> I think, the slash shouldn't matter here... But it is safer to use the
> forward slashes, since the backslash sometimes require escaping.

Alright.  I switched WXWIN to C:/... , not that it helped. :-(

I do want to thank you for your help.