[CMake] CPack components need to be in global scope

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:37:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva
<miguelf at ieee.org> wrote:
> Currently the CPack component features depend on some variables such as:
>
> CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL
> CPACK_COMPONENT_${CNAME}_GROUP
>
> These variables are typically easier to set at the point where you are
> building the component, which might be nested in some hierarchy.

This is fixed by my next update to the CPack components feature, which
I expect will be merged into CMake CVS after the long weekend. It
implements the macro-based approach to setting up components,
described here:

 http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack#Ideas_for_Future_Development

e.g.,

 cpack_add_component(compname
   DISPLAY_NAME "My Component"
   DEPENDS hiscomp
 )

There's a preliminary version of this patch (which can be applied
against CMake CVS trunk) available here:

But, I won't have the tutorial or examples updated until the patch
goes into CVS.

 - Doug