[CMake] Fwd: Re: Visual Studio and Windows Mobile SDKs

Clemens Arth Clemens.Arth at gmx.at
Tue Jul 1 06:14:33 EDT 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:09:33 +0200
Von: "Clemens Arth" <Clemens.Arth at gmx.at>
An: "Andreas Pokorny" <andreas.pokorny at gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: [CMake] Visual Studio and Windows Mobile SDKs

Hi Andreas,

I changed the configuration by hand to reflect my settings,

SET(WINCE_HOST_CMAKE_PATH "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/ce" CACHE PATH "Path to Visual Studio CE Path")
SET(WINCE_SDK_CMAKE_PATH "C:/Program Files/Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2/PocketPC" CACHE PATH "Path to WinCE SDK")

and it seems to be some bug anyway because it reports:

-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/ce/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/ce/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe -- works

However, I think that there is still something missing, because there would be a need for creating a new "Platform" item within a vcproj file which does not happen currently. After finishing the cmake configuration setup, there is no way to access special compiler settings in VS which are necessary, thus I argue that there goes something wrong during configuration. For example, this is taken from a resulting sln file:
	GlobalSection(SolutionConfigurationPlatforms) = preSolution
		Debug|Win32 = Debug|Win32
		Release|Win32 = Release|Win32
		MinSizeRel|Win32 = MinSizeRel|Win32
		RelWithDebInfo|Win32 = RelWithDebInfo|Win32
	EndGlobalSection

In the actual case, there would be definitely missing some more configurations:

Debug|Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I) = Debug|Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I)
Release|Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I) = Release|Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I)

I'm currently looking at the cmake source to get some idea how that works internally.

Clemens

-------- Original-Nachricht --------