[CMake] gfortran

Maik Beckmann maikbeckmann at gmx.de
Wed Jan 23 12:31:19 EST 2008

Am Mittwoch 23 Januar 2008 15:35:17 schrieb Javier Gonzalez:
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question. In my project I need to link against a library
> that was compiled with gfortran. When I try finding the library it fails
> because libgfortran.so doesn't exist, the one that is there is
> libgfortran.so.1. I'm not aware of another package that should install
> libgfortran.so and I have no idea what to do.
>
> I don't want to just make a link by hand. Any other suggestion?
>
> Javier
>
> p.s.: Fedora Core 7 and cmake 2.4-patch 6, in case anyone wants to know.

Try to compile a simple hello world program using gfortran at command line to
test if it's cmakes fault of if your gcc installation is broken.

To do so copy this code
  http://www.roesler-ac.de/wolfram/hello.htm#Fortran90
and paste it into a file i.e. hello.f90.  Compile it via
  gfortran -o hello hello.f90
and run it
 ./hello

 -- Maik